Thursday, October 26, 2017

Do You Pay Attention?

      When I walk along the busy streets of the metro, I notice a lot of people not paying attention. In the train, almost everybody is in front of their mobile phones or listening to music. In the restaurants, people are not talking to each other.

roadside3
Unexpected Butterfly while taking a photo of a flower blooming by the side of a road in Cainta



     Mobile phone companies have promised connection for 24 hours 7 days a week by giving you data plans way more than you actually need. I used to have that too but when I reviewed my lifestyle on what else I can minimize postpaid plans were one of the first things to go. I have a pre-paid plan and I spend P100 a month for my phone bills. Sometimes more but not enough for me to need to a plan. They are useful true but not with the lifestyle I chose for myself not dictated and influenced by advertising and marketing propaganda for me to buy something I don't need.

roadside2
A centipede found in front of Lopez Museum in Ortigas Pasig

     Since I have more time to pay attention because I am not always engaged in social media, I have time to observe my surroundings. I can find the time to appreciate the world around me and how much it is changing. I've always loved plant life and I dream to be one day living in an area much like you see in Japan where the streets are adorned by cherry blossom trees. We have similar plants here in the Philippine and they come in two colors: red and yellow.

roadside
Flowers planted in front of Renaissance Tower, Pasig
    
      This post will be a series of blogs I'll be making of the macro shots I've been blessed to witness while commuting. These are the things that caught my attention strong enough for me to stop by the road and take a photo. I hope that you'll enjoy it as much as I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment