Monday, January 1, 2018

It's Raining Cats & Dogs in Mt. Daguldol

My last climb for 2017 was unplanned. I thought that I wouldn't be able to hike anymore but my sister insisted that we do this hike before the year ends. Mt. Daguldol was not even on my list of mountains to visit but the itinerary looks promising so I joined.
    Gumamela_mtdaguldol
    Gumamela aka Hibiscus
I did not have much expectation so imagine my surprise...
It was not an easy climb yet it's supposedly a minor hike. However, it was raining for the past few days and it was still pouring on the day we arrived.

mtdaguldol

There were several occasions that we thought of not pushing through the summit but I and several other hikers decided that we were there already and we want to finish the climb. It was an arduous task but a rewarding one.

mtdaguldol2
Hibiscus
Mt. Daguldol is in Lobo, San Juan Batangas.

mtdaguldol3

At the foot of the mountain is a beach where you can enjoy the sunset and the view while enjoying boodle lunch with your mates.

mtdaguldol4
Bracket fungus
If you have a chance, try to eat with the locals. You can order tinola made from native chicken and kapeng barako in one of the stops/rest area before the summit.

mtdaguldol5

mtdaguldol5a

If you wish to see more of my photos of different flora and fauna during my adventures, I just opened ia_likes as my dedicated IG account for macrophotography.

No comments:

Post a Comment